Peer Review Policies
Peer Review Process
All submitted manuscripts are initially read by the editorial team. The manuscripts that do not meet to journal’s criteria will be rejected without further peer-review. The manuscripts that meet the journal’s criteria will be sent to reviewers (double-blind peer review). The Editor-in-Chief assigns generally two reviewers to evaluate the manuscript. The editors then make a decision based on the reviewer’s comments and recommendation as follows: Accept Submission, Revision Required, Resubmit for Review, Decline Submission.
The Editor-in-Chief of IJMLST has full authority to decide which of the manuscripts submitted to the journal should be published.
All manuscripts submitted to IJMLST undergo a through double blind peer review process.
The review process consists of the following steps:
- Author Submits Manuscript: The author submits the manuscript to IJMLST.
- Assign to Editor: The editorial team assigns the manuscript to an editor who screens it for compliance with the journal's guidelines.
- Editorial Review: The editor reviews the manuscript to determine whether it meets the journal's criteria. If it does not, the manuscript is desk rejected and the process ends. If it does, the manuscript is sent for further review.
- Double Blind Review: The editor assigns two reviewers to conduct a double-blind peer review of the manuscript.
- Author Revise Manuscript: Based on the feedback from the reviewers, the author may revise the manuscript and resubmit it.
- Reviews Assessed by Editor: The editor assesses the feedback provided by the reviewers, and based on their comments and recommendations, makes a decision on the manuscript. The decision can be to accept the manuscript, request minor or major revisions, or reject it.
- Final Decision: The final decision on the manuscript is made by the Editor-in-Chief. If the decision is to accept the manuscript, it proceeds to production and publication. If the decision is to request revisions, the author is given an opportunity to revise the manuscript and resubmit it. If the decision is to reject the manuscript, the process ends.
- Production and Publication: If the manuscript is accepted, it proceeds to the production and publication stages.
Point to Note:
- Most manuscripts to undergo at least one round of revision before published.
- Revision does not guarantee that the manuscript will be accepted for publication.
- If there is no response from the author within 3 months, the manuscript will be rejected.