Hubungan antara Panjang Aksial Bola Mata dan Derajat Miopia dengan Tekanan Intraokular
Keywords:Myopia, axial length, intraocular pressure, degree of myopia
Some studies reported that myopia especially high myopia has long axial length. This condition showed with higher intraocular pressure (IOP) and become one of the risk factor of primary open angle glaucoma. However, some other studies reported axial length and degree of myopia don’t have any correlation with intraocular pressure. This study aims to determine whether there is a relationship between the axial length of the eyeball and the degree of myopia with intraocular pressure at Sumatera Eye Center (SMEC), Samarinda. This study began on November to Desember 2019. This research method was analytic research with cross sectional design. The sample in this study was 91 eyes using a purposive sampling technique. Analyzes were performed with the Pearson Correlation test. The result showed the age of IOP increased at 31, 32, and 33 years old, respectively 1 eye. Pearson correlation test showed that IOP did not seem to have any correlation with the axial length, low myopia and high degree of myopia. But, IOP have correlation with moderate myopia (r=0,019).
2. Pusat Data dan Informasi Kementerian Kesehatan RI. Situasi Gangguan Penglihatan dan Kebutaan. Kementeri Kesehat RI. 2014;1st Ed.(Situasi Gangguan Penglihatan dan Kebutaan).
3. Turbert D. Nearsightedness: What Is Myopia? - American Academy of Ophthalmology [Internet]. American Academy of Ophthalmology. 2019. Available from: https://www.aao.org/eyehealth/diseases/myopia-nearsightedness
4. Williams K, Hammond C. High myopia and its risks Cochrane Eyes and Vision : 2019; Available from: https://doi.org/10.1002/14651858.CD004916.pub3
5. Murgatroyd, H; Bembridge J. Intraocular pressure Harry Murgatroyd BSc MB ChB (Hons) Jane Bembridge MB ChB (Hons) FRCA. Contin Educ Anaesth Crit Care Pain [Internet]. 2008;8(3):100–3. Available from:https://academic.oup.com/bjaed/article-abstract/8/3/100/293369
6. Sativa, O. Tekanan Intraokular pada Penderita Miopia Ringan dan Sedang.Skripsi. Program Studi Kedokteran Umum Universitas Sumatera Utara. 2003. Available from :http://drshafa.wordpress.com/2010/03/09/miopia/.
7. Young TL. TOPICS IN First-line Glaucoma Therapy : Choices and Challenges. 2016;(12):1–8.
8. Joseph D, Thampi B, Joosadima A, Mohan A. A study on association between intraocular pressure and myopia. Int J Res Med Sci. 2016;4(6):2202–5.
9. Leydolt C, Findl O, Drexler W. Effects of change in intraocular pressure on axial eye length and lens position. Eye. 2008;22(5):657–61.
10. Das P, Das R, Shrivastava PK, Mondal A. A Clinical Study on the Correlation Between Axial Length, Intraocular Pressure and Central Corneal Thickness in Myopic Eyes. Int J Contemp Med Res ISSN [Internet]. 2016;3(4):2393–915. Available from: www.ijcmr.com
11. Ahmad M, Qureshi M, Ahmad, Aldebasi Y, Homood. To Study the Effects of Central Corneal Thickness, Axial Length, and Anterior Chamber Depth on Intraocular Pressure. Sudan J Ophthalmol. 2019;1(1):67–8.
12. Chinawa N, Adio A, Chukwuka I. Is There a Causal Relationship between Myopia and Intraocular Pressure. Br J Med Med Res. 2017;20(10):1–7.
13. Su DHW, Wong TY, Foster PJ, Tay WT, Saw SM, Aung T. Central Corneal Thickness and its Associations With Ocular and Systemic Factors: The Singapore Malay Eye Study. Am J Ophthalmol. 2009;
14. Wei W, Fan Z, Wang L, Li Z, Jiao W, Li Y. Correlation analysis between central corneal thickness and intraocular pressure in juveniles in Northern China: The Jinan City eye study. PLoS One. 2014;9(8):1–7.
15. Ks R, Anuradha P. The Correlation of Central Corneal Thickness ( CCT ) To Degree of Myopia and Compare It with Emmetropes. 2019;4(9):51–4.
16. Schuster AKG, Fischer JE, Vossmerbaeumer U. Central Corneal Thickness in Spectral-Domain OCT and Associations with Ocular and Systemic Parameters. J Ophthalmol. 2016;2016.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2020 Bella Aliviana
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.