Melatih Kemandirian Anak Down Syndrome Dengan Mototrain
Keywords:Mototrain, Toilet Training, Down Syndrome
Practicing toilet training from parents to children is quite challenging especially if the child has special needs. For children with Down syndrome, the habit of toilet training takes longer than normal children who can be completed before school age. The purpose of this study was to determine the effectiveness of Mototrain on maternal knowledge and independence of toilet training in children with Down syndrome. Mototrain is an acronym for Module of Toilet Training.
The population and sample in this study were parents and students with Down syndrome who had not yet completed their toilet training independence, namely 31 students spread across Grade 1, Grade 2, Grade 3, Grade 4 and Grade 5 in SD C Alpha Kumara. The research design was "Quasi experimental pre-post test with control group", with a purposive sampling technique of 16 mothers and children in the intervention group and 15 mothers and children in the control group. The results showed an increase in maternal knowledge about toilet training and the independence of toilet training in children who used enough after being given psychoeducation and habituation in accordance with MOTOTRAIN (p-value <0.05).
2. G. DeGraaf, F. Buckley, B.G. Skotko. Estimation of the number of people with Down syndrome in the United States. Genet Med, 19 (2017), pp. 439-447
3. A. Kitamura, T. Kondoh, M. Noguchi, T. Hatada, S. Tohbu, K. Mori, et al.Assessment of lower urinary tract function in children with Down syndrome
Pediatr Int, 56 (2014), pp. 902-908
4. F.C. Mrad, J. Bessa Jr., A.M. Rezende, A.A. Vieira, F.C. Araujo, M.L. Sa, et al.Prevalence of lower urinary tract symptoms in individuals with Down syndrome. Jounal Pediatri Urology, 10 (2014), pp. 844-849
5. R. Malak, A. Kostiukow, A. Krawczyk-Wasielewska, E. Mojs, W. Samborski. Delays in motor development in children with Down syndrome. Medical Science Monit, 1 (2015), pp. 1904-1910
6. Machmudah, Machmudah (2016) . The Effectiveness Of The Psychoeducation Toilet Training With Demonstration Video and Card Picture Toward increasing Mother’s Knowledge And Ability To Toilet Training Toodler in Informal School Play Group. The Proceeding of 7th International Nursing Conference: Global Nursing Challenges in The Free Trade
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2020 Machmudah, Mochammad Shodiq
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.